Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
We take career progression seriously; many of the Insights & Data UK management and the Insights and Data practice leads did not join in senior positions, rather they were given the opportunities from within to progress.
The clients are looking to bring in people at all levels, so whilst the list of skills below is fairly heavy, please do get in touch even if you only have two or three.
* AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
* Google Cloud Platform
* IBM Cloud
* Python, Spark, SQL
* Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/data pipelines with tools like Informatica and Talend
* Software engineering practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review)
* Hadoop (especially the Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions), other NoSQL (especially Neo4j and Elastic), and streaming technologies (especially Spark Streaming)
* Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
* Experience using development and deployment technologies, for instance virtualisation and management (e.g. Vagrant, Virtualbox), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Bamboo), configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
* Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS) including Cloud provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
* Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
* Experience designing analytics deliveries, planning projects and/or leading teams
Whats on offer:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.