Software EngineerLocation: New York, ManhattanTechnology Focus: Go, Python, JavaJob Type: Permanent
I am currently working with a large software development house who are looking for a senior software engineer with a strong focus in the development of applications and integrated software.
The company have been established for just over 7 years and during this time have rapidly grown into a billion dollar company with huge amounts of projects and partnerships with various end users. With an extremely innovative environment and a technically lead management group, your main focus will be to use modernised and innovative technologies which are new to the market.
The roles itself is heavily development based with also some other added bonuses involved as well for senior engineers. Your time will be split in the following fashion:
- 50% hands on development and coding.
- 20% best practices and mentoring mid level and junior developers
- 20% production support
- 10% creative work and technology research.
- The main initiative is building infrastructure tools and services for developers across the org, making their life easier
- Primary software engineer within a team of 9 people (once the new hire starts)
- The software engineer will be embedded in to the SRE team
- Break down of responsibilities: 50% dev, 20% best practices & mentoring, 20% Production support, 10% creative working on new ideas
- This role is for a specialist in writing tools
- They will have lots of ability to define what the tools look like and how they are built - they can talk to and work with the internal customers, which are other engineers at Namely
- We are looking for someone who can build from a prototype all the way to finished product
- Existing tools they will use on the job include Terraform, Kubernetes, Spinnaker & various microservices / APIs within Namely
- development exposure with GOlang, Python or Java
If you want to hear about the latest job opportunities across the East Coast and Central America get in touch! We specialize in the Azure and AWS market working on architect, engineering, developer, consultant, DevOps and sales positions across the Cloud market.
To get in touch via email drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
or feel free to call me on +1 347 270 8873 for a confidential market or job update.
You can also view our latest vacancies on our website at www.nigelfrank.com