AWS Infrastructure ArchitectLocation: Boston, MassachusettsTechnology Focus: Cloud/Infrastructure (AWS)Job Type: Permanent
We are currently working with a large enterprise retail company with branches across the US. With a huge foothold within the retail market and their industry in particular they have a great name and a great working environment.
We are currently looking for an AWS Infrastructure Architect to help migrate the entire infrastructure environment into an AWS based platform. You will help create an entire solution which is a huge, companywide migration project.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience working in the AWS space with experience on large migration projects. You should also have experience within the Infrastructure space from Networking to systems engineering. Automation and some coding will also be key as the company have some huge software's and applications.
- Lead the design and development of cloud infrastructure and cloud services.
- Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Participate in early life deployments
- Synchronize regularly with Enterprise Architecture
- Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
- Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
- Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Assist application solution architects design scalable, highly available, secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
- Utilize cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to business outcomes and KPIs.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
- Maintain technical vendor relationship
- Participate in business case development and validation (for enterprise level business cloud products/projects)
- Curate of cloud reference architecture
- Align with the Business to drive the following Outcomes, Actvities and Deliverables:
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience working in the IT architect space
- Experience of software development/coding.
- Strong exposure to the AWS architecture and platform space.
- Knowledge of Primary AWS Services and history of implementing AWS services
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
- Configuration management using CloudFormation
- Experience with SDLC.
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to mentor and coach colleagues and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Position may require some travel
If you want to hear about the latest job opportunities across the East Coast and Central America get in touch! We specialize in the Azure and AWS market working on architect, engineering, developer, consultant, DevOps and sales positions across the Cloud market.
To get in touch via email drop me a message at email@example.com
or feel free to call me on +1 347 270 8873 for a confidential market or job update.
You can also view our latest vacancies on our website at www.nigelfrank.com