Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead your team and leverage all the resources at your disposal to produce best-in-class software.
* Understand the current application infrastructure and suggest changes to it.
* Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
* Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one.
* Set up a monitoring stack.
* Define service capacity planning strategies.
* Implement the application's CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CI/CD stack.
* Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
* Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
* Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes-React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
* Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
* Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
* Developing front end website architecture.
* Designing user interactions on web pages.
* Developing back-end website applications.
* Creating servers and databases for functionality.
* Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
* Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
* Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
* Designing and developing APIs.
* Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
* Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
* Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
* You are highly detail-oriented.
* You're a team player, you're driven to contribute, and you expect the same of your teammates.
* You have no ego about your strengths and no shame about your weaknesses. You aren't afraid to ask questions or request help, and encourage others to behave likewise.
* You have exceptional interpersonal relationship and leadership skills.
* You are open to inspiration and have a talent to contagiously inspire others.
* You work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
* You have strong organizational and project management skills.
* You have excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
* You have exceptional problem-solving skills, both individually and as part of a group.
* You are open-minded and are willing and able to "pivot".
* You freely and concisely report on project status without need for prompting.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Broad and extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and associated technologies
* Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
* Experience working in both waterfall and Agile frameworks.
* Demonstrable success leading teams comprised of in-house and remote, staffed and freelance developers, as well as domestic and offshore development agencies.
* Data modeling and database design experience with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
* Integration expertise, both building and coding against APIs
* Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
* Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
* Specialization with React and React Native, Raven DB, and Amazon Web services (AWS)
* Experience working at a development/integration level with real-time, bi-directional audio and video conferencing technologies such as WebRTC, Vidyo, Polycom, Zoom, etc.
* Experience working at a development/integration level with telecommunications routing and queuing technologies such as Twilio, Genesys PureCloud, Pexip, Serenova, 8x8, etc.
* Experience porting applications between iOS, Android and the Web, on browsers, tablets and smartphones.
* Experience designing and developing in compliance with evolving third-party standards such as HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, etc.