A small startup with a strong team of 250 employees is hiring for an AWS DevOps engineer. As a DevOps Engineer, you will join a team of engineers that delivers cloud-based infrastructure to support their daily operations. Your team will own the cloud infrastructure and design/build automated frameworks for code delivery to test and production environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of IaaS systems for the company.
Review necessary skills and requirements as the hiring manager will test you on your knowledge of AWS, Linux, and previous experiences working with the programs. The company uses open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Support the companies production applications, users and clients
* Direct cloud infrastructure, under the direction of SREs
* Design and launch AWS CloudFormation stacks using Ansible
* Manage various AWS services and applications including; DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, VPC, EC2, S3, EC2, S3, Route53, Cloudfront, Cloudformation, EFS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda
Requirements And Skills
* At least 2 years of experience in Amazon Web Services DevOps operations
* Advanced Linux engineering skills
* Configuration Management primarily with Ansible, Puppet or Chef desired as well
* Scripting experience with Python, BASH, or Ruby
* Experience tracking down difficult problems, and writing solid tickets describing those problems, then affecting fixes for those tickets
* Open office environment and casual dress code
* Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
* Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
* Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
* On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee, and cold brew
* Rooftop, gym, and office events
* Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
US citizens and all parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to John Ortiz at (212) 379 6404 or at J.Ortiz1@jeffersonfrank.com with your resume and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any DevOps and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS DevOps Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at (212) 379-6404 ext. (7602). Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.