GIS Cloud Architect - Contract to Hire - Charleston, SC
My client is looking to hire someone who would responsible for designing and developing solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, and network concerns. In this role you may perform systems management and integration functions. Interviews are being scheduled as soon as this afternoon!
What you'll do:
* Works in a team environment to asses, architect, deploy, and administer cloud solutions in environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure (Azure) for a wide range of public and private sector clients.
* Maintains and manages Enterprise GIS systems in an on-premise, hybrid, or cloud environment
* Manage and deploy virtualized workstations
* Implements and validates solution changes, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum operational efficiency
* Is proactive in recognizing and handling uptime and performance challenges
* Assists with the creation and maintenance of GIS websites and for customers using ArcGIS Enterprise
* Troubleshoots the system and provide root cause analysis
* Associate's OR Bachelor's degrees a plus, but not required
* Significant, progressively responsible work experience supporting, developing and implementing Esri based Geographic Information Systems is required
* 3-5 years relevant work experience in designing, administering, and/or maintaining cloud environments, such as Azure or AWS, supporting 24×7 high-availability production environments
* Azure or AWS, supporting 24×7 high-availability production environments
* Experience hosting business mission-critical production environments with high up-time service level agreements (SLA)
* Experience with hardware and/or software-based firewalls, load balancers, and proxy servers
* Experience with enterprise firewalling, network security principles, and general networking best practices
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and/or another RDBMS
* Windows Server and Active Directory
* Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact directly with customers who do not have an IT background
* Experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage, and networking, as well as scripting experience (tools, process, methods, troubleshooting) and deployment concepts, such as continuous integration
* Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the AWS market and some of the opportunities and AWS jobs that are available, please contact Liana Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813.437.6964 and make sure to include your resume.
Jefferson Frank International is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Services opportunities! Jefferson Frank International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.