Director of Data Science - Torrance, CA
The Director of Data Science/Business Intelligence is responsible for providing the vision, leadership, and data science/analytics' direction to support the mission of the organization - becoming a data-driven organization. This position has both strategic and functional management responsibility for all aspects of the BI platform to enhance our ability to make decisions, through trend analysis, modeling A/B scenarios, building and managing data collection and onboarding, cross-channel data integration, data visualization, dashboards, predictive analytics, and data mining, as well as promoting AI concepts through the platform.
* Develop roadmap and lead design and delivery of the data science/BI platform to test and experiment with techniques inclusive of advanced analytics, behavioral modeling, and churn capitalizing on new data science approaches that can yield revenue for the business.
* Analyze large data-sets that will enable the development of custom models and algorithms to uncover insights, trends, and patterns in the data, which will be useful in availing informed courses of action.
* Lead and facilitate the internal BI Data Governance team to effectively inventory data assets, define measurement criteria, and manage and track progress towards having a data set that is accurate and reliable.
* Ensure data is defined, understand and aligned throughout the chain of custody; from the creators to consumers of data.
* Mentor, direct and evaluate team members to maximize engagement and develop breadth and depth of technical and management skills.
* 10+ years' experience with business intelligence tools such as Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS), SAP Business Objects, Hadoop, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports.
* 5-10 years' hands on experience with SQL, R, SAS, Python, Redshift, PostgresSQL, or equivalent programming languages preferred, experience with multidimensional modeling and development, designing and developing data analysis/reporting solutions.
* Excellent communication, conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
Job Type: Full Time
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or call me at 480-530-2032 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.