LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DEVOPS - OXFORD - £85,000 PER ANNUM - BENEFITS PACKAGE AND CAREER PROGRESSION
Do you exceed at bringing a team together for multi-year programme projects?
Are you up to date with the best Agile techniques and latest CI/CD pipeline?
Do you want to work in a hands-on leadership role?
Then look no further!
Role and Responsibilities:
* Leadership role within a Scrum team, following Agile methodologies
* Collaborating effectively with stakeholders outside the team
* Ensuring requirements are fit for purpose and detailed design is aligned with solution design, ensuring long term maintenance and support
* Resolving complex technical issues, collaborating with team members and domain experts
* Mentoring and/or train entry-level software engineers
* Being aware of new technological developments
* BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
* Java 8
* Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
* Experience with services / APIs and microservices architecture (REST/Json, Swagger)
* MongoDB or experience of other NoSQL databases
* AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, IAM)
* CI / CD (Jenkins, Spinnaker)
* TDD / BDD Testing frameworks (JUnit, Selenium, Gherkin / Cucumber and a mocking framework)
* Familiar with HTML, JS and CSS
* Jira, Confluence, Git
* Agile software development methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
* Strong problem-solving experience
* Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
* 7+ years of Software Engineering experience
* Containers (e.g. Docker) and any container platform technology (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS etc.)
* Load balancing and service discovery across micro-services
* Deconstructing monoliths into micro-services
* Effective monitoring, alerting and visualisation (Kibana, Elasticsearch)
* Scrum Master for a cross functional team
* Developing code to be managed through CI/CD pipelines
* Ability to design and work with complex data models
* Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
* Strong organization/project planning and time management
£85,000 for the right candidate; also offering a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow.
For further information or to apply, please contact me by phone on 0191 814 7451 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megan Stevenson, Jefferson Frank International (specialising in AWS-DevOps recruitment).