AWS Technical ConsultantLocation: VirginiaTechnology Focus: AWS OperationsJob Type: Permanent
I am currently working with a large contracting house who have a wide focus on a range of different industries from defence contracts to Health care projects. You will work as a part of a huge international organisation with branches across the entirety of the US.
You will work on numerous government based projects for one of the most well known and respected consultancy companies in the US. You will work with high calibre employees who are specialists within their given areas and will gain the opportunity to excel in different technologies and markets by working alongside the best of the best.
We are currently looking for a well experienced AWS Technical Consultant to join the Virginia branch. You will help to provide various AWS based solutions from both a strategic and technical perspective. The projects you will work on will range from huge, enterprise projects to smaller, niche projects which will give you exposure to various markets, industries and technologies. Responsibilities:
What you will receive:
- AWS certifications are benficial.
- Hands on exposure implemting large scale, enterprise Cloud solutions.
- AWS commercial and GovCloud exposure will be of huge benefit.
- You should have experience working within a similar position on the Architecture and design of IT systems and frameworks.
- Extensive exposure in the implementation of cloud based paltforms from virtualization, datacentre technologies and design/architecture.
- You should have strong knowledge and exposure to industry compliance and security standards including: DoD SRG, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, NIST.
- Storage and backup/recovery exposure.
- Should have a strong knowledge or background within the Networking space with core networking exposure and infrasrtructure server exposure.
- Exposure to application development technologies will be hufgely beneicial.
- Experience implementing and designing containers such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Splunk exposure is also highly beneficial.
- PaaS, IaaS experience will be of great value with OpenShift, Pivotal or Mesosphere.
- Extensive exposdure to the full AWS stack such as EC2, Lambda, Route 53 etc.
- You should have working knowledge and exposure working with development and scripting technologies such as Python and Ruby.
- Technologies that will come in hugely beneficial are: ruby on Rails, Source Control, Git, Groovy, Python, PowerShell and JSON.
- Database exposure will also be useful with MySQL, PostgresSQL or MongoDB.
- My client provide hugely competitive salaries with annual increases and company based bonuses.
- Medical cover, dental and vision
- If you want to hear about the latest job opportunities across the East Coast and Central America get in touch! We specialize in the Azure and AWS market working on architect, engineering, developer, consultant, DevOps and sales positions across the Cloud market.
To get in touch via email drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
or feel free to call me on +1 347 270 8873 for a confidential market or job update.
You can also view our latest vacancies on our website at www.nigelfrank.com