The candidate will be working in close collaboration with reporting teams located in NY and Bangalore on various analytical programs and business initiatives. The position will be responsible for working with a wide range of commercial and open source data engineering tools and techniques such as Hive and Spark, with a heavy focus in AWS tools such as Redshift, EC2, Lambda, etc.
To be successful, the role will require the individual to be passionate about analyzing data, creating data pipelines to source systems, extracting and transforming data, as well as publishing sanitized data to downstream applications and statistical modeling teams.
- Partner with business teams to develop analytical products and applications using Big Data
- Closely work with business teams to understand the analytical products being leveraged and identify opportunities to re-design using firm approved open-source big data technologies.
- Design, development, and maintenance of analytical products and solutions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate and implement firm approved commercial and open source technologies while educating teams on best development practices.
- Partner with clients and business analysts to review business requirements.
- Support implemented solutions by performance tuning, code fixing, addressing client questions concerning data or applications, monitoring performance, and communicating functional and technical issues.
-Hands-on experience building large, scalable, reliable, and high availability distributed systems with a high degree of autonomy.
- Extensive AWS experience, utilizing functions such as Redshift, S3, EC2, RDS
- Experience in relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle, etc.
- Experience using ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter.
- Strong object oriented skills; deep expertise and hands on programming experience in Core Java or Scala.
- Experience working with any of the NOSQL Databases (e.g.: HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.).
- Previous experience in the financial services field, with an emphasis on banking/lending technology.
- Exposure to Machine Learning Models and technologies (e.g.: Pyspark, Spark ML, etc.).
- Excellent people management skills; including the ability to influence, and set appropriate timelines to achieve successful results through others who are not direct reports
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to P.Sandstrom@jeffersonfrank.com or call 212-731-8282. Ask for Paige! My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 212-731-8282. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.