Location: Houston, TX or Remote
Technology focus: Python, Java, AWS
Job type: Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has become available for software engineers who are skilled in Python, Java and AWS to work in either Houston or remotely. This company is a Premier Consulting Partner in North America and as a full spectrum AWS integrator, they assist hundreds of companies to realise the value, efficiency, and productivity of the cloud. This includes migration strategy, operational excellence and much more.
They are therefore on the lookout for talented and motivated software engineers with experience working with AWS and DevOps tools and practises. You will be part of a team designing, automating, and deploying services on behalf of their customers to AWS. This innovative company have experience applying DevOps techniques to almost every industry, and use infrastructure-as-code building their solutions.
A 'cloud-first' organisation in every way.
What you'll be doing:
* Linux/Windows administration, automated deployments, scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python)
* Working with customers engineering teams on a wide variety of projects
* Writing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
Qualifications & Experience:
* Solid understanding of the overall AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation etc.)
* Service architecture and containerisation, such as Docker, Kubernetes
* Continuous Integration/Deployment: Git, TFS, Jenkins etc.
* Knowledgeable of Puppet, Chef or Ansible
* You are comfortable interacting with customers and have the ability to communicate as well as educate
* Experience with data at scale, MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Mongo, ElasticSearch
* Some experience with any of the following C#, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go
What's in it for you:
* Cloud community-minded, meet-ups/conferences around North America
* Generous vacation policy
* Professional development and training
* Retirement plan
* Recognition program
* Flexible work environment
If you are interested, or know anyone in your network who might be, I look forward to hearing from you. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on +1 347-270-8872