Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Technology focus: AWS, DevOps, Python, Java
Job type: Permanent
A requirement has become available through one of my best clients, based in Dulles, Virginia. They are a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber-security solutions. This company provides state-of-the-art electronics across defence, cyber security, weaponry and sensory & imaging, as well as many more. Their mantra is to make the world a safer place and they do this by working on some of the most cutting-edge technology there is.
They are looking to further their journey into the cloud and to do this are on the lookout for an experienced and driven site reliability engineer. he qualified candidate will have a keen interest in DevOps philosophies and an experienced background in DevOps practices. The position is hands-on, therefore strong implementation, system diagnostic and decision-making skills are expected.
This person must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
* 10 years of work related experience is required
* Leadership in implementing and accelerating DevOps adoption
* SOA Software development
* Programming and scripting - Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
* Agile methodologies (including agile leadership and planning)
* Administration of traditional and cloud infrastructures (AWS is preferred)
* Container Orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Mesos, DockerEE)
* Ability to communicate technical concepts both up and down the management chain
* Ability to stay abreast of emerging system development trends
* Ability to adapt in fast-paced and changing environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics
* A competitive salary
* Benefit package including vision, dental and health
* Unparalleled room for growth professionally
* Flexible and dynamic working environment
If you are interested, or know anyone in your network who might be, I look forward to hearing from you. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on +1 347-270-8872.