Location: Houston, TX
Technology focus: Data Engineering
Job type: Permanent
A unique opportunity has arisen for a motivated, experienced and passionate data-driven engineer to provide business-critical solutions for a successful end-user based in Houston, Texas. They are searching for a data engineer/programmer who will work closely with the data science team to help support all aspects of data supply chain from consumption and analytics.
My client are an exciting and dynamic energy technology company who focus on providing a fully scalable Energy Analytics platform for utilities and consumers. They develop AI based software which provides a deep insight into the energy sector, with a deeper insight driving down cost/wastage and improving decision-making.
* Data Processing. SQL and NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase
* Data Analysis. Experience accessing, manipulating and understanding data to inform decision-making
* Data infrastructure/Data warehousing. Hadoop, Oracle, ETL tools
* Server admin. Linux, Apache
* Front end development. Frameworks (e.g. angular, backbone, etc.), data visualisation (e.g. d3.js), jQuery, bootstrap, general css wizardry, etc.
* Business experience. Setting priorities, managing expectations, gathering customer feedback
* BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline
* At least 1-4 years of data analytic experience in a distributed computing environment
* Proven analytic and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
* Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
* A competitive salary and bonus scheme
* Possible equity options
* The opportunity to work on and develop cutting-edge software from scratch
* Be part of a growing and data-focused team
* A company in an exciting period and building on an already unique culture
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, or know anyone in your network who might be, then I look forward to hearing from you.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on +1 347-270-8872