My client is going through a period of growth, and are looking for an experienced Server Software Engineer to join our team of experienced software engineers.
As part of a small company, your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, including requirements capture, prototyping, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
The role includes support, maintenance and monitoring of the service. There will be plenty of opportunities to research and develop solutions using new technologies, languages and design patterns.
* Working as an integral part of our core team
* Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of our existing services
* Converting legacy components into modern microservices
* Designing and implementing great new features using microservice design
Required skills and experience:
* AWS experience
* Java or similar Object Oriented programming language
* Relational Database experience (MySQL preferred)
* Experience with networking and high traffic systems
* Experience with cache frameworks (Redis preferred)
* Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, or CentOS preferred)
Optional skills and experience:
* 4 years or more commercial development
* Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Experience with Message queues (RabbitMQ/SNS preferred)
* Containers (Docker), Virtualisation and DevOps experience
* No-SQL Database experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB preferred)
* Java Spring Library
* JPA, JTA, Hibernate
* Experience with a Java Servlet Container (Tomcat preferred)