Senior DevOps Engineer - SRE Remote/No Travel
Senior DevOps Engineer - SRE - Azure/DevOps - Remote/No Travel - $120-$140k - Permanent
Who we are:
We provide cutting-edge technology for government and commercial clients all around the world to help find the most effective tech solutions. Primarily, we would like to solve problems surrounding traveling and transportation. Our team of data experts aim to build innovative tech solutions and utilize the most relevant techniques to help tackle these issues. We utilize our data to increase efficiency for transit networks, decrease road traffic, and combat carbon emissions.
What we are looking for:
In this position, you would directly be working alongside a group of diverse, talented individuals with the same goal. Our team works together to deliver the best and quickest results so we are looking for someone that is ready to contribute and enjoys working in a team environment where communication is valued.
More specifically, we are looking for people who are passionate about DevOps. We will be assessing every aspect of the software release life cycle (SRLC) in the organization such as VCS branching, IaC for build and release infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, containerized platforms, and cloud services. At the moment we are utilizing Ansible, Jenkins, Azure and on-prem infrastructures.
Role & Responsibilities:
* Evaluating and improving build and release lifecycles
* Utilizing Jenkins, configuring Jenkins projects, and troubleshooting unsuccessful builds
* Configuring networks and rules for Azure and on-prem infrastructure
* Develop builds, pipelines, and solutions using Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure, Maven, etc.
* Writing configuration code for Ansible, Chef
* Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm, & Kubernetes
* Writing shell scripts for Bash
* Creating infrastructure, application, and diagrams using Microsoft Visio
* S. or equivalent experience in Computer Science (or related field)
* Experience in Software Development, Networking, and/or System Admin
* Willingness to work as a team and communicate effectively
* Experience scripting and automating deployments
* Understanding of tools & technologies for Azure, Jenkins, BitBucket/Git, and Kubernetes/Helm
* Knowledge of CI (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS)
* Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Deployment & Orchestration (Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus)
* Container (LXD, Docker, Kubernetes)
* Clouds (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, OpenStack)
* Experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell)
If you are interested in this position, please contact Sameen Qureshi at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your application process with your resume.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Services opportunities!