Big Data Architect - Long Beach, California - $160k
Open to new opportunities? We are seeking an experienced Big Data Architect with AWS background to join our team.
The successful candidate for the role Big Data Architect will interact closely with Products, and Technology experts to derive insights from data in order to make better business decisions. On a day-to-day basis, you will contribute to various Big Data and Analytics initiatives. You will design, prototype, test, and implement a wide range of solutions ranging data gathering, data processing and data mining of large and complex datasets.
* Own the full software development lifecycle of implementing high-performance ad serving software.
* Develop robust and scalable code to analyze ad performance data for optimization.
* Support and lead specific ad-hoc projects across our five product verticals.
* Work within a Perl development environment on a Linux platform.
Required skills/ Experiences:
* 3-5 years of experience (Flexible)
* Experience implementing statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Prediction, Classification, Clustering, time series forecasting, regression models, etc.) using R and SQL.
* Working knowledge of relational data modeling. (MySQL, Oracle as examples)
* Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices. Experience with Perl a plus.
* Experience with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS.
* Experience using web APIs.
* Exceptional analytical skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly and thoughtfully.
* Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines.
* A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to problem solve while paying careful attention to detail.
* Be a champion of instilling excellence in coding and quality into the team and culture.
* Experience working with engineers and non-technical stakeholders.
* B.S. required, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science).
Job Type: Full Time
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or call me at 480-530-2032 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.