(AWS) EMR & Big Data Solutions Architect- San Diego, Ca - Contract - 6+ months
Are you an AWS professional with experience in EMR and Big Data solutions? This organization is the perfect place for any IT professional who is looking for new and exciting projects regularly. Each project they this company launches is innovative and unique. This is the time to take advantage of the innovative projects, knowledgeable and experienced staff, and the competitive compensation.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Interface with client project sponsors to gather, assess and interpret client needs and requirements
* Develop a data model and Data Lake design around stated use cases to capture client' s data transformations and KPI's
* Must identify one or more relevant AWS services - especially on Amazon EMR - and an architecture that can support client workloads/use-cases; evaluate pros/cons among the identified options before arriving at a recommended solution optimal for the client' s needs.
* Help transition the implemented solution into the hands of the client, including providing documentation the client can use to operate and maintain the solution.
* Work closely with the client and broader NorthBay Delivery team to implement in Agile fashion the architecture and chosen AWS services using AWS Best Practices and principles from the AWS Well-Architected Framework
* Solid troubleshooting / admin experience with EMR - specific infrastructure (CloudFormation) code, deployment via AWS CLI, and bootstrap actions.
* Ability to implement transient infrastructure (e.g. transient EMR clusters) that leverages decoupled storage (S3) and compute.
* Extensive experience on one or more MPP Data Warehouse Platforms preferably Amazon EMR (incl. Presto), Amazon Athena, AWS RedShift, PostgreSQL, Teradata or similar
* Have in-depth working knowledge and hands-on development experience in building Distributed Big Data Solutions including ingestion, caching, processing, consumption, logging & monitoring
* Substantial Development Experience on at least one or more event-driven streaming platforms preferably Kinesis, Firehose, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or Apache Flink
* Extensive Data Orchestration experience using one or more of these tools: AWS Step Functions, Lambda, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue orchestration, Apache Airflow, Luigi or related
* Extensive Design / Development Experience on Amazon EMR, preferably with Spark (PySpark, Scala)
* Understanding and experience with Cloud Storage infrastructure, and operationalizing AWS-based storage services & solutions preferably S3 or related
* Proficient Data Cataloging experience preferably using AWS Glue or Other
* Strong Development Experience on at least one NoSQL OR Document databases
* Experience on at least one or More Ingestion Integration tools Like Apache NIFI or Streamset or related
* Strong Understanding and experience in Big Data Audit Logging and Monitoring solutions like AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
* Extensive experience with AWS Solutions implementation
* Data Analytics background
* A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
* Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
* Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift).
* Comfortability with data warehousing.
* Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery)
* Exemplorary verbal and written communication skills
* Extensive Big Data Engineering on AWS experience
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to make money working alongside others who share your passion for knowledgefor a company with an amazing culture and reputation
If you or a person you know feel that they would like to pursue this opportunity, please contact me via phone at (215-391-1506) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 215-391-1506. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.