Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Miami/Fort Lauderdale - $200,000 - Negotiable
Our client is looking for an Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join their Cloud Engineering Team based in Miami/Fort. Lauderdale. The ideal candidate will maintain emphasis on Enterprise Architecture to create processes to evaluate and develop new cloud patterns while supporting teams looking to adopt AWS.
What You'll Do
* Lead the design and development of cloud infrastructure and cloud services.
* Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
* Participate in early life deployments
* Synchronize regularly with Enterprise Architecture
* Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
* Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
* Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
* Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
* Assist application solution architects design scalable, highly available, secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
* Utilize cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to business outcomes and KPIs.
* Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
* Maintain technical vendor relationship
* Participate in business case development and validation (for enterprise level business cloud products/projects)
* Curate of cloud reference architecture
What You'll Need
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 10 years IT architect experience
* Minimum 5 years of software development/coding experience
* Minimum of 3 years of AWS Cloud Architecture experience
* Knowledge of Primary AWS Services and history of implementing AWS services
* Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies
* Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
* Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
* Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
* Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
* Configuration management using CloudFormation (experience with Terraform and Ancible a plus)
* Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative and agile/scrum methodologies required
* Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
* Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
* Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
* Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
* Ability to mentor and coach colleagues and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
* Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
* Position may require some travel
If you would be interested in pursuing or learning more about this position please contact Adam Saryeldin at (813)261-4229 or via email at email@example.com
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.