Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Boston, MA - $185,000 salary - negotiable
Our client is looking for an Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join their Cloud Engineering Team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will maintain emphasis on Enterprise Architecture to create processes to evaluate and develop new cloud patterns while supporting teams looking to adopt AWS.
What You'll Do
* Lead the design and development of cloud infrastructure and cloud services.
* Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
* Participate in early life deployments
* Synchronize regularly with Enterprise Architecture
* Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
* Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
* Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
* Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
* Assist application solution architects design scalable, highly available, secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
* Utilize cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to business outcomes and KPIs.
* Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
* Maintain technical vendor relationship
* Participate in business case development and validation (for enterprise level business cloud products/projects)
* Curate of cloud reference architecture
What You'll Need
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 10 years IT architect experience
* Minimum 5 years of software development/coding experience
* Minimum of 3 years of AWS Cloud Architecture experience
* Knowledge of Primary AWS Services and history of implementing AWS services
* Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies
* Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
* Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
* Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
* Experience coding in higher level programming language, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc.
* Configuration management using CloudFormation (experience with Terraform and Ansible a plus)
* Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative and agile/scrum methodologies required
* Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
* Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
* Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
* Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
* Ability to mentor and coach colleagues and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
* Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
* Position may require some travel
If you would be interested in pursuing or learning more about this position please contact Adam Saryeldin at (813)261-4229 or via email at email@example.com
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.