This is a great opportunity!
My client is a leading provider of speciality contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States and in Canada, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities and telecommunications providers. The corporate environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers.
The DevOps Engineer's role is to describe, design, create, assess, and troubleshoot the clients Continuous Deployment tool chain, including application's build, release, deployment and configuration activities. The person filling this role will be part of the team responsible for leading the design and implementation of our Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment infrastructure as well as enabling the company's adoption of DevOps culture.
* Work directly with the Infrastructure and Development teams to manage/update current development processes in the company.
* Design and implement: build pipeline, deployment, and configuration management.
* Test implemented designs.
* Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
* Handle code deployments in all environments.
* Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
* Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
* Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery.
* Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages.
* Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
* Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
* Manage CI and CD tools with team.
* Improve infrastructure and application deployment.
* Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company.
* Ensure compliance policies are followed by development and deployment processes.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or management information systems and/or 2-3 years equivalent work experience.
* 3 years previous experience in DevOps
* Well-versed in system development methodologies (SDLC).
* Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
* Experience with Linux as well as Windows Infrastructures, CI/CD tools, scripting such as Shell Scripting, Python and Agile work-flow methodologies
* Experience with common CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Git, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform.
* Experience with automation in AWS, Azure and VMWare.
* Experience in Shell, Python, PowerShell.
* Certifications in AWS, Linux, or Windows a plus
* Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently