Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
We looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who can play a key role within the team to help maximize the cloud technologies being delivered.
Reporting into the Infrastructure Team Lead you will provide support for cloud technologies, project delivery with our internal and external support vendors across a wide range of technologies. Fundamental to the role is the ability to offer exceptional customer service through excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills.
The role will require incidents and requests to be resolved in an efficient and professional manner and in line with service level agreements. You are responsible for the delivery of cloud services for our network and server environment. The individual should be technically minded, have some experience in architecting and delivering cloud solutions, hybrid environments and migrating from on-premises to the cloud.
Within this role you have the freedom to explore and provide the best solutions for the organisation and in turn develop your technical skills by supporting and configuring some challenging and interesting products and technologies. We will offer you the ability to grow and progress within the company through internal and external training.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Provision of quality IT support and project delivery
* Configuration and delivery of cloud infrastructure, 3rd party tools and integration
* Provide technical consultation on current and proposed cloud infrastructure
* Involvement in planning and scoping for highly available cloud solutions
* Support of existing cloud infrastructures to the Service Desk team when required
* Adoption of DEV OPS culture, and keeping up to date with the latest cloud offerings in the industry
A minimum of 4 years' experience in an SME IT environment whilst working in an Infrastructure or cloud-based role covering the following:
* Experience of core Microsoft services - AD, Exchange, Office365, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, SMTP, MFA and SSO
* Experience of core AWS services - EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, EBS, Route53, Direct Connect, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation and Config
* Configuring and maintaining MS Windows 2012 and 2016 Servers
* DevOps - understanding of continuous delivery and continuous integration
* Qualifications - any one or more of the following certifications would be desirable:
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level
* AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the below personal skills:
* Show an awareness of how businesses are impacted by their IT and prioritise work accordingly
* Works well under pressure and goes the extra mile to provide excellent customer service
* Shows an organised, proactive and analytical approach to all work
* Motivated to learn and develop within the company
* Adaptive and has a positive attitude to challenges and changes
* Demonstrate strong communication skills and ability to empathise with colleagues' issues and build good, professional relationships
* Deal positively with ambiguity and complexity, working through challenges positively to reach a solution
* Take ownership of issues and show initiative in solving them
* Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, initiative, and leadership ability