Multicloud (AWS/AZURE) DEVOPS ENGINEER / CONTRACT / LEEDS
Location: Central Leeds, Yorkshire
Contract length: 6 months
A very exciting DevOps Engineer contract opportunity for a market leading client migrating from AZURE to AWS in Central Leeds.
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer skilled over the AZURE and AWS platforms to help our Tech solutions provider company migrate from AZURE to AWS.
* Migrate infrastructure and applications, onto AWS and ensure the configuration management
* Collaborate with Dev/QA/Release teams to achieve the CI/CD process.
* Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
* Contribute to the configuration, installation and documentation of client solutions
* Analysis and discovery of application configuration, including infrastructure and run time across client engagements
* Development of detailed designs including logical deployment views during client engagements
* Identify opportunities and communicate them to PM and/or Technical Lead
* Identify potential issues preventing the successful delivery of services or solutions and inform the Project Manager appropriately
Technological experience required:
* Strong experience with development tools such as JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Team City, Maven, Nexus and Sonar.
* Strong experience with Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems at an administrator or operator level.
* Strong experience in administering Java application servers especially Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss Application Server.
* Strong experience in administering Middleware platforms such as IBM MQ, JBoss Messaging
* Strong experience with Java tuning and troubleshooting.
* Excellent scripting skills (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
* Strong experience in administering/Configuring CI tools such as Jenkins/Teamcity/Nexus
* Hands-on experience with using a broad range of AWS and AZURE technologies to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
* Hands-on experience of Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm.
* Hands-on experience as an administrator in the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, and Fisheye
* Hands-on experience administering the Maven build tool and a modern source code versioning tool such as Git
* Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Chef or Ansible.
If interested, please apply to this advert or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidate shortlists will take place this week.