Senior Data Engineer (AWS)- San Diego, California. Contract - 6+ months
Attention AWS Big Data Engineers. This project gives AWS Data engineers the opportunity to be a part of an up and coming organization that specializes in innovative and new machine intelligence technologies and techniques. If you are hungry for knowledge, experience, and an opportunity to prove yourself, this is the contract for you. Take the chance to challenge yourself and work alongside some of the most qualified IT professionals in the business in the beautiful city of San Diego.
What you will be doing:
* Become a data expert and assume ownership of the data gathering strategy and help it evolve
* Carry out sophisticated scraping and build new web crawlers
* Develop and maintain a high-quality data pipeline
* Assess the quality of new data sources
* Maintain a data catalog and metrics of data collected
* Assimilate data sources and API providers
* Working with internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
* Recruiting and managing a steady stream of interns for our data science and data engineering teams
* Extensive professional experience working in data acquisition
* Expert level Python programming experience
* Advanced skill designing web crawlers
* Understanding of how to build and optimize data collection architectures and pipelines
* Experience with AWS - EC2, S3, SQS
* Familiarity with Elasticsearch
* Experience with Snowflake data warehouse
There is no better place to spend 6 months on a project other than San Diego in the Spring and summer time. This contracted position provides exceptional pay and experience in one of America's most desired cities to live in.
If you or a person you know feel that they would like to pursue this opportunity, please contact me via phone at (215-391-1506) or email at email@example.com
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 215-391-1506. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.