Big Data Engineer - AWS Big Data - Hoboken, NJ - 6 Month Contract
Excellent new contract opportunity in New York City for a Big Data Engineer!
My client is a partner providing analytic services to multiple end users in New York City. Big Data Engineers develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions within organizations. This position will implement and optimize the client's data and data pipeline architecture. They will also optimize their data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
* Big Data pre-processing
* Reporting workflows with large data sets to turn the data into usable insights
* Testing models on Big Data
* Deploying learned models for both prediction and scoring
* Hands-on experience in AWS Big Data technologies and understanding of concepts such as Redshift, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, Spark streaming and NoSQL databases
* Knowledge in one or more of Java, Scala, Python and Bash
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
* Strong decision-making skills in terms of data analysis and the ability to architect Big Data
Opportunity Type: 6 Month Contract
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to P.Sandstrom@jeffersonfrank.com or call 212-731-8282 (ext 3205) and ask for Paige.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
US Citizens and all parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.