AWS Engineer/Developer - Glasgow/Edinburgh - up to £50,000 + benefits - Permanent
My client is looking for a AWS Engineer/Developer to join their team! You will be responsible for the implementation, design and administration of various projects and the migration to AWS. Experience working with AWS is fundamental for this role, so you will need to have a wide understanding of the AWS platform and hands on experience with AWS tools.
The company offers exposure to major AWS projects, a great bonus, benefits and cross training which means excellent career progression opportunities! Even if you will be working in a consultancy, the only travel required is across the central belt, with the main projects taking place in Edinburgh.
The role involves:
* Work with internal and external application and infrastructure teams to deploy updates to cloud systems; communicate changes - scheduled and unscheduled activities, updates, etc.
* Deploying or integrating cloud technologies based on requirements from solution architects
* AWS administration and infrastructure development
* Develop and design automation workflows, making sure that your work is up to standard by assessing the quality of delivered components
* Assisting customers with documentation, training and usability efforts
* Using SQL to prepare, transform and present data
* Use of SAS to develop solutions
* Database administration and design
* Experience migrating on-site solutions to Cloud (AWS)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the nature of collaborations you will have with the engineering team, customers and vendors
* Experience using BI technologies
* Scripting experience (Python ideally)
Beneficial but not necessary:
* AWS Certification
* Previous experience in financial services
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally. At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. We recognize that every customer, whether you're a job-seeker, a partner or an end user, has different requirements. At Jefferson Frank, you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency.
To discuss the role in more details and get in touch for other opportunities please send your CV to email@example.com or call me on (0)203 808 7278.