System Admin- AWS DevOps - Austin, TX - Remote Flexibility
Position: AWS System Admin
Length: 6 Months
Location: Austin/Remote Flexibility
I am working with an AWS partner in need of a Systems Admin for their local Austin client in the health care industry. They are in need of highly experienced System Admin to keep up with the demand they have received from their clients. You will have the ability to help administer the migration from legacy VMware systems to the AWS cloud platform for their clients, as well as creating analytic solutions to help solve existing business problems. They give you the opportunity to use the latest AWS tools and have the opportunity to transition into a DevOps Engineer later on in the project.
* Work with Customer Success Management Team and Engineering Team to schedule and manage AWS Linux, Windows OS, and third party application patches, to include end-to-end troubleshooting.
* Review vulnerability scanning output and develop plan to execute patching for AWS Windows and Linux EC2 environment
* Review AWS environments and document Up and down stream environmental impact, including third party apps
* Isolate root cause of application impact and make recommendations to enable the patches to be applied in production
* This position will be working 2nd of 3rd shifts on a 4 day on and 3 day off rotation which includes working the weekends
* Experience in large scale AWS patch remediation with a focus on security/vulnerability research and mitigation
* Application Architectures expertise
* Strong understanding in reviewing OS and third party application vulnerability bulletins/findings and providing impact assessments and mitigation plans
* Create/update Systems Documentation and Operations Standards / Procedures.
* Perform in-depth analysis on AWS Linux and Windows EC2 architectures to identify, document and mitigate downstream patching impact.
* Monitor, track and report on AWS patch deployment progress.
* Must possess strong customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
* Experience architecting and administrating AWS EC2 environments, as wells as working with large, complex AWS environments
* Linux and Windows enterprise environments experience
If you want to fast track your application or if you know anyone interested in this position, please contact me and send your resume at email@example.com
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on cloud technologies including AWS and Azure. We deal with both Microsoft Partners, AWS partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. For more information on available AWS jobs, as well as the AWS market, I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.
AWS / GCP / Azure / Google Cloud / DevOps Engineer / Austin, TX / System Admin / VMware / EC2 / Java / Kubernetes / Linux / Windows / Apache Beam