Senior Java Developer
Looking for a new job can be a stressful experience, particularly from a candidates standpoint.
Preparing for interviews, talking to recruiters (other than me of course!) and dealing with rejection… let's just face facts, it is just a pretty exhausting process! But based on feedback from candidates I have personally worked with, the overwhelming issue appears to be with one key area… job ads!
So with that in mind, I wanted to craft something short and (hopefully) sweet that might just made your job search a little less arduous and to make that happen, I want to take you on a journey….
That journey begins with the organisation themselves, a Global Digital Consultancy and one of my longest-tenured clients. To put it simply, they are an award-winning organisation, market leaders in their field with an excellent reputation for providing high-quality and scalable solutions for their customers.
They are well known in numerous technology channels (e.g. Microsoft, Salesforce, Big Data, Cloud, Java) and their goal is to provide a consistently high level of service to a diverse set of customers, working collaboratively at all times to ensure smooth and pain-free transformations. They have offices all over the UK and offer an excellent benefits package, alongside the opportunity to work on cutting- edge projects in both the public and private sectors.
The journey continues with the role, part of a huge recruitment drive planned for 2019 and part of the organisation's 'Business & Technology Change' function
Your role will see you working as a Senior Java Developer as part of one of their Agile feature teams, working across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle to develop bespoke and tailored solutions for a range of customers. You will be primarily hands on, acting as a senior technologist and escalation point for any technical interviews, providing advice and guidance to both internal and external stakeholders.
Your will be involved in the design of the solutions and will be encouraged to suggest or research new and exciting technologies. Moreover, you will be given the opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team, an excellent opportunity if you are looking to move into either a Lead Developer or Technical Lead role in the future.
In terms of the logistics, the role will require flexibility around mobility and UK-wide travel, with you essentially working on customer site x4 days per week with x1 day per week home based. They will endeavour to ensure that you are based within your location (e.g. working on a project in Surrey if you live in London), but this cannot be 100% guaranteed for obvious reasons so this is something you need to be aware of.
The journey draws to a close with the requirements…. Which are pretty diverse! So in order to truly get the most out of this role, you'll need to bring some of the following skills to the table:
* Java EE Stack - proven commercial experience working with Java (7/8), as well as experience working with Hibernate, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
* Microservices & API Development - the majority of you work will be focused around API -driven development and Microservices. Experience developing REST API's is preferred
* Development Processes- experience with modern software development processes such as Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and DevOps is preferred.
* Development Tools - you should ideally have experience working with a variety of development tools including (but not limited to) Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, JIRA, Confluence, Team Foundation Server, SVN, Git and Junit.
* Stakeholder Management- due to the nature of this organisation (e.g. a customer-facing consultancy), you should have a proven track record both managing and influencing stakeholders throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Finally, the journey ends with you.... i.e. how you decide to proceed. If you decide you want to proceed to a chat, then give me a shout. You can call me on 0191 338 7505 or alternatively send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you feel as if this role is not for you then I wish you the best of luck in the remainder of your job search!
Anything discussed in relation to this advert will remain confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.