Who we are:
We are a challenging organisation with self-managing software engineers. In small teams, we work on projects for our customers, both from their location and from our own offices in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, where we are working with more than 60 developers. Next to that, we have 2 more offices in France; Paris and Niort, from where with more than 20 developers we are providing service to our French speaking customers. We don't have account managers or project managers; thus the entire team is responsible for successfully delivering projects to our customers.
We build custom software systems for them, and our focus is on system integration, backend systems and custom dashboards. We're exclusively a JVM shop; we have done a lot of Java over the last decade, and for the last couple of years we're also doing a lot of Scala. We're not tied to specific technologies, but we look for what suits each project. To give a concrete example, we do a fair amount of Scala with Akka and Play framework and we often use Elastic Search, MongoDB, Postgres. Our source code is on GitHub.
We mainly work from our customers' office because we believe it is the best way to find out their real needs. However on Friday we all work from our offices and that give us the opportunity to bond with colleagues coming from more than 20 different countries and also spend time on improving our skills in a relaxed environment.
We are active in the Open Source community; we have conference speakers, published book authors, we sponsor conferences and we host a monthly meetups on functional programming for example in our offices in Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
Who you are:
* You are a Cloud Engineerwith a minimum of two years experience.
* You don't like manual repetitive work but rather automate those tasks.
* You are a thirsty learner, passionateand driven engineer, eager to pick up new technologies and willing to grow personally and professionally.
* You are able to communicate clearlywith our customers and your colleagues.
* You are delivering the best to our customers.
* You will pick up responsibility of leading projects to successful completion.
* You have experience and deep knowledge in Networking, Bash, Linux, Ansible, Prometheus, ELK stack, Jenkins, Chef,Cloud platforms (AWS, Google), Kubernetes, Mesosphere DC/OS, Docker, CI/CD ……
* You can read and write code, to extend your base toolkit as needed.
What will you do:
* You make sure the code gets shipped.
* You monitor that the applications are alive and kicking.
* You support developers in their CI/CD activities.
* You support the developers in containerizingtheir applications.
* You help the customerto set up and run their environments.
* You make sure your activities are documented and repeatable.
What we offer:
* Interesting and relax working environment with many opportunities to grow.
* Working in a team with highly skilled and friendly colleagues.
* Opportunities to attend interesting conferences.
* Inhouse trainings.
* Room for personal development.
* Macbook Pro.
* Competitive salary
* Yearly personal development budget.
* Lunch every Friday!