We're looking for a number of new recruits within the Technical Operations team to work with the business, development and IT functions. You'll be building the tools, infrastructure and processes required to ensure we remain available, scalable and secure. Involved in support, project delivery and maintenance activities completed by the Operational Team. We are at a pivotal point in our tech progression, we're looking to grow the technical estate, replace existing systems with new and scale and grow the platform. It's an exciting time to join the team and the business in this transitional period.
You should have a keen interest in problem solving accompanied with experience in Linux systems, a understanding of storage, basic networking and have an interest in DevOps and systems administration.
We're looking for a mix of technical generalists, specialists, candidates that are new to IT or very experienced. For us it's more about the person and the character than the role. We need people that will get excited about taking us to the next stage of our evolution helping us with their specific skills and experience but learning new ones along the way.
* Working closely with development and support teams ensuring technical Issues and projects are correctly logged and managed to the correct priority.
* Resolve technical Incidents affecting the performance and availability of our infrastructure in a prompt and timely manner.
* Manage multiple Support Incidents and assignments while maintaining a high level of quality
* Document technical issues, solutions and support information.
* Support client on boarding to ensure that required technical capacity is available and stable.
* Continuous improvement, continuous delivery and continuous integration.
* Maintenance and monitoring of infrastructure and its operational systems.
* An opportunity to work as part of an On-Call Rota if desired.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Ability to prioritize workload including Incidents and Problems.
* Automation and Scripting skills including use of a Scripting languages; Bash and Python etc
* Linux system administration skills, preferably Centos.
* An understanding of error messages and logs displayed by software.
* Calm and logical approach during a critical event.
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues independently.
* Self-learner, ability to document learning as experience is gained.
* Experience as part of a team supporting and maintaining an infrastructure.
* Resolving high priority Incidents.
* A Passion for technology.
* A basic understanding of networking.
* Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
* Configuration management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of platform and application automated deployment eg (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, terraform etc) within a physical environment.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Keen interest in development, new technologies and innovation.
* Provide technical direction and tooling for improved CI and Continuous development functions in the form of pipelines.
* Supporting development teams into the refactoring of technical debt.
* Working as part of Support Function.
* Nomad, kubernetes, docker and containers.
* Documenting existing technical software services.
* CentOS/RH 7 or equivalent.
* Experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
* Database administration experience.
* Good understanding of server and network security concepts, implementations and management.
* Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
* Understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures.
* Understanding of MySQL and Postgresql.
* Nginx or web server technologies.
* HAProxy and load balancing.
* Gluster and storage technologies.
* Git and version control.
* Knowledge in one of the following: PHP, Python, Shell.
* Working in an Agile environment.
* Working in a Dev/Ops environment.