AWS Solution Architect - Remote with 30% travel
Have you always dreamt about working from home? This is your time to apply for one!
As a Resident Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to shape the future big data solution landscape for leading Fortune 500 organizations. This position is a senior level customer-facing role that needs deep expertise in Apache Spark along with the breadth of big data solution architecture experience. On a weekly basis, you will guide customers through architecture, design and implementation activities while strategically aligning their technical roadmap for expanding the usage of the Databricks platform.
* Guide strategic customers as they design and implement Big Data projects ranging from transformations to data science and AI through on-site and remote engagements
* Identify and drive new initiatives that enable customers to succeed in turning their data into value
* Build reference architectures, frameworks, solutions, how-to's, and prototypes for customers
* Provide an escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
* Architect, implement, and/or validate migration of workloads from 3rd party databases and data platforms to Apache Spark.
* Evangelize Spark and Databricks across the developer community through meetups and conferences
* Plan and coordinate with Account Executives, Customer Success Engineers and Solution Architects for expanding the use of the companies platform within strategic enterprise customers on a weekly basis
* Deep hands-on technical expertise with Apache Spark
* Minimum 5+ years of design and implementation experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem, Kafka, NoSQL databases)
* 3-5 years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
* Open to travel up to 30% per month
* Familiarity with data architecture patterns (data warehouse, data lake, streaming, Lambda/Kappa architecture)
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; Comfortable with talking up and down the IT chain of command including directors, managers, architects, and developers
* Passionate about learning new technologies and making customers successful
* Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
* Comfortable coding Python, Scala or Java
* Familiarity with AWS/EC2 cloud deployment models (Public vs. VPC)
Job Type: Full Time/ Remote
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or call me at 480-530-2032 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.