AWS Technical Architect - $130-150/hr - Minneapolis, MN- 24 Month Contract
Position: AWS Technical Architect (Cloud, AWS)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Length: 12 months with conversion to fulltime
The AWS Technical Architect will lead the design, development and end delivery efforts for a small to large custom application project working closely with the functional business leads, outsources development teams, project managers and other stakeholders for our client project that provides technology to banks and merchants to make loans to consumers for home improvement, solar, healthcare and other purposes.
Essential Job Functions
* Communicate and coordinate with remote and distributed teams
* Create high level and detailed design documents with appropriate industry standards to best meet business requirements and functional specifications
* Manage architecture / development teams, technical resources and activities to meet project schedules
* Formulate architecture and coding best practices & guidelines
* Conduct architecture review and provide project estimations
* Establish solid working relationships by providing timely, accurate and high quality information to peers, subordinates, upper management and/or customers.
* Develop architectural solutions and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines
* Optimization and re-architecting of workloads pursuant to cloud migrations
* Create cohesive roadmaps and blueprints for architectures and processes across multiple technical domains - from storage and servers to infrastructure, technology and applications focusing on cloud-based deployments in AWS; build proof of concept (POC) to demonstrate potential technical solutions
* Design AWS platform architectures including:
* Account layout, Cloud Networking, and segmentation
* Backup/Recovery strategy and design
* Disaster Recovery strategy and design
* Automation Strategy
* Systems configuration management approach
* Cloud Networking Design including VCN and customer premises connectivity
* Cost modeling and optimization
* Provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers, etc.) and mentor team to build necessary competency
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree plus 8 years' experience
* Amazon Certified Solution Architect Professional, preferably with an AWS Security Certification
* Minimum 4 years' experience in AWS solution delivery with a minimum of 2 years' experience as an architect.
* Experience with both IaaS and PaaS models
* In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3, etc.
* Proven knowledge of AWS platform and tools
* Experience defining new architectures and the ability to drive projects based on the said architecture
* Experience implementing SDP, CCM, HIPAA or any other Security standards in on AWS.
* Amazon Cloud experience including application assessment and migration planning with Enterprise Java Stack technologies/Applications
* Familiarity with Identity and Access Management concepts in heterogeneous deployments
* DevOps and Infrastructure As Code tools: Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
* Understand the differences, benefits and limitations of using available native services, platforms, infrastructure, and security for business use cases.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on cloud technologies including AWS and Azure, as well as Big Data, Data Science and BI. We deal with both Microsoft Partners, AWS partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS jobs, as well as the AWS market, I can be contacted at email@example.com . Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.