Working in a team of data engineers, evolving a Data Platform based on open-source and AWS components, to service core products.
The platform is an end-to-end data solution from ingesting data from internet-of-things sensors, energy meters and other high volume sources; validating and storing data; aggregating information, providing a platform to run data-science algorithms; and delivering information back to products; third parties and other systems. Also working on the data lake for business and partnerships with the aim of democratising data within the business.
What will you be up to
* Writing production quality code including extensive test coverage.
* Designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users.
* Interfacing with Data Scientists and porting machine learning algorithms to production systems.
* Peer review other engineer's code to ensure quality.
* Deploy services to staging and production environments.
* Support production services including participation in the 24/7 out of hours support rota.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
* Good knowledge of Java or Scala or Python and concurrent programming
* Quick learner with eagerness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies
* Basic Mathematical ability to understand linear algebra
* Willing to learn Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale
* Willing to learn and work on the following technologies