Lead Data Scientist - Irvine - Start Up
Looking for a change of pace? Want to be involved in discovering the lateset insights within technology? Apply now and let's have a confidential conversation!
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist to support their Product and Engineering teams with insights gained from analyzing support, engineering and related data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product, technical support, customer sentiment and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
Our client requires an experienced leader comfortable in leading, formulating insights and making compelling recommendations to the executive leadership team for consideration and action.
* Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
* Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new / alternative data sources and data gathering techniques * Develop scalable custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
* Develop statistical and machine learning models to fill in knowledge gaps
* Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
* Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
* 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
* Experience working with and creating data architectures
* Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
* Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
* Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
* Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, Cassandra, etc.
* Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
* Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills * Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- unlimited PTO
- fully paid for healthcare
- 2-3 days working from home
- free breakfast and lunch
- 401K + 6% MATCH
If you are interested in this positoin, please call me at 480-530-2051 (ext 2051) or email Sevi at firstname.lastname@example.org
AWS / Data Science / Big Data / IoT / Hadoop / Python / Hive / Pig / Spark / R / Scala / Pyspark / Azure / HD Insight / SQL Data Warehouse / Data Lake / Stream Analytics / Machine Learning / Spark / Redshift / EMR / EC2 / S3 / / Presto / Kinesis / Analytics / Irvine / United States