This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a market leading insurer!
The team has been instrumental in building out the DevOps department so you will have a lot of influence and have the chance to contribute significantly to this team! Youll be making use of Infrastructure as Code and automation to accelerate the journey. As part of that initiative DevOps has been leading the charge in moving to cloud-native technologies and working with born in the cloud technology partners. DevOps was one of the first teams to pilot the use of Scrum and has implemented agile collaboration tools for the use of the wider organisation. The team is relatively small (10 at full strength), with a flat structure.
Some key focuses will be;
* Work with internal and external suppliers to design and build the configuration management, release, deployment and operations cycle to meet business and operability requirements.
* Amplify feedback loops - and increase the frequency - through the automation
* You will need to have excellent skills within Cloud especially Amazon Web service (AWS)
* Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the development and continuous deployment of applications
* Validated operation experience of managing cloud services (Cost, Budget, Monitoring etc)
* Terraform / Infrastructure as code
* Jenkins / Git / Nexus
* Knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Python / Java
* Ansible, or Puppet/Chef
* Docker and containerisation
* Cloud Formation
If you have worked as a DevOps Engineer, Software Engineer or a Platform Engineer, this could be the role for you! You will be provided with all the skills to help you transition into a senior role, and you will also be compensated for your hard work with a great benefits package.
If you feel like this could be the opportunity for you, then apply now!