Big Data Engineer (AWS) - Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
Technology: AWS/Big Data
Industry: Information Technology/Real Estate
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: February 19, 2019
The Big Data Engineer is responsible for building scalable data platforms, and large-scale processing systems that enable advanced analytics and support data teams across the enterprise. This hands-on role requires some experience working with AWS cloud platform in addition to expertise in a variety of technologies. The Big Data Engineer will develop and manage the enterprise data warehouse while sourcing data from various databases/applications & web APIs using stream and batch processing architectures.
Big Data Engineer Role & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for designing, building & managing the advanced analytics platform to support downstream data science and the business intelligence teams
* Work with the product owner, data scientist and various internal data users to understand the business requirements and implement optimal data solutions
* Keen eye towards configuration driven approach to automate repeatable processes and tasks
* Build and operate stable, scalable and highly performant data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end user analyses and targeting.
* Develop data quality and governance framework that supports data lineage and ensures delivery of high-quality data to internal and external stakeholders
* Using analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
* Implement/improve version control, deployment strategies, notifications to ensure product quality, agility and recoverability.
* Understand and work with technology & IT teams to support database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migrations, etc.
Big Data Engineer Required Experience & Qualifications:
* Designing, building and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties - Spark, EMR, S3, EC2, DynamoDB, RedShift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Snowflake etc.
* Hands-on experience analyzing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS/3rd party services.
* Knowledge about other NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
* Building and migrating the complex ETL pipelines on Redshift and Elastic Map Reduce to make the system grow elastically
* Hands-on knowledge in using advanced SQL queries (analytical functions), experience in writing and optimizing highly efficient SQL queries
* Proficiency with Python scripting
* Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
* Advanced communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business uses and to build data sets that address them.
* Experience in working with Data visualization tools such a Tableau
* Unlimited PTO
* Full medical/health/dental insurance
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at 212-731-8282. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.
Big Data / Data Science / Hadoop / Microsoft Business Intelligence / BI / Business Intelligence / SSRS / SSAS / SSIS / SQL / T-SQL / MDX / Azure / Cloud / AWS / Data Warehouse / ETL / Power BI / Architect / Big Data / Hadoop / Scala / Python / Apache / Hive / Spark / MS Azure / Amazon Web Services / AWS / EMR / RDS/ Redshift / S3 / EC2 / Lambda / Glue / Data Pipeline / Kafka / Power BI / Data Lake / Data Lake Analytics / Azure IoT Hubs / BLOB Storage / HDInsight / Data Factory / Machine Learning / SQL Data Warehouse / Steam Analytics / Ruby / DynamoDB / Kinesis