Role: DevOps Engineer/Infrastructure Developer
Location: North East
An established and successful technology developer based in Newcastle. We are going through a period of growth and are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer / Infrastructure Developer to work on cutting edge Cloud solutions.
The Dev Ops role is to develop and maintain infrastructure automation across a wide range of software components, environments and technologies. This is an exciting opportunity, the right candidate will have a strong understanding of and interest in build/infrastructure automation as well as a strong scripting or development background. Technical training on Chef, Puppet and AWS/Cloud technologies will be provided as necessary.
* Build automation and continuous delivery processes
* Deployment and management processes for both infrastructure and application components
* Server, application and network configuration and administration
* Promote good use of monitoring systems and alerting
* Out of hours active member
* Promote security and work with teams to adhere to them
Required Skills and Experience:
* AWS certifications
* Familiarity with cloud technologies and providers
* Experience with AWS CloudFormation
* Knowledge of mysql databases (RDS, Mysql replication and storage layouts)
Optional Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of a broad range of application and infrastructure technologies.
* Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Experienced contributing to and enforcing technical policies, procedures, and standards
* A willingness to be flexible in terms of hours and types of work undertaken including being part of our out of hours team
* Pro-active self-learner capable of picking up new technologies quickly