Sr. DevOps Engineer Mountain View, CA - $165k - Optimize the Genome!
Join our team as we continue to build the world's most secure cloud platform and global network for scientific collaboration and accelerated discovery!
In this role, you will be doing everything infrastructure. From managing a multi-provider cloud to building out new parts of the infrastructure, you will help implement best CI/CD best practices and a DevOps culture.
* Managing a multi-provider cloud infrastructure across AWS, Azure, and GCP
* Building out new parts of cloud infrastructure
* Building in "guard rails" such as rate limiting and query introspection to prevent expensive customer actions from driving the platform off a cliff
* Implementing Continuous Delivery principles to accelerate the development lifecycle in a microservices-oriented architecture
* Working closely with the software development team and other parts of the company to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable platform that enables both product development and new service offerings
* Managing incident response protocol and provide hands-on quarterbacking during major service interruptions
* Background in using Linux Server system administration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment at a Public Cloud provider
* Experience in Implementing and/or maintaining system automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
* Knowledge of common TCP networking concepts such as routing, public/private networks, VPNs, NATs, load balancing, firewalls
* Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and Agile
* Familiar with modern web infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load-balancing and content delivery networks
* Experience with Open Source Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
* Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
* Proficiency in Kubernetes and Terraform
* Experience in CI/CD systems such as Jenkins or Drone
* Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, Node
Being a part of this collaborative team full of PhD's, you will be immersed in good/smart company and have the opportunity to dramatically grow your skill set and career. Not only will you receive a competitive salary and benefits, but you will be working on one of the most exciting projects of our time to advance science in genomic-based approaches to human health!
If you or anyone you know would like to be considered for this role, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 303-558-4397.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market, we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.