DevOps Developer - 6 months (view to extend) - Central London
I am looking for a specialist Software Developer with a strong DevOps mindset to work within the Infrastructure Product Group team, which consists of other DevOps Lead, DevOps engineers, team manager, and SecOps engineers. Your main responsibility will be to support and maintain a collection of database technologies in the cloud estate (AWS). Take personal responsibility for driving cloud database usage optimisation and administration automation aligned to best practices. You will need to be SC cleared or eligible for clearance.
- Support and maintain a cloud estate (AWS) and drive infrastructure optimisation and automation around the management of databases.
- Responsible for the creation and management of all database provisioning scripts (Oracle RDS, Aurora, Redshift, Hadoop/Cloudera)
- Responsible for deep technical troubleshooting of database issues in the cloud
- Support and manage existing Linux server estate
The role will be completely on site, 5 days in the office. It will also involve a week's on-call duties (rota based) however you will be paid an additional 6th day for your duties.
Required skills and experience:
* RedHat Enterprise Linux experience, or RHCE certified RHEL7
* Solid experience supporting enterprise AWS environments. (Architect, Design, Provision, Setup Network Monitoring)
* AWS DevOps/SysOps certified
* Great commercial exposure working with Chef/Ansible/Puppet
* Experience in a DevOps DBA related role
* Previous experience building and managing Cloudera deployments (or on-premise Hadoop clusters)
* Scripting the build and management of AWS RDS
* Hand crafting ETLs in Python (or other language)
* Building and managing Oracle DB technologies
* Experience with security hardening of Oracle/Hadoop databases
* Background as a DBA with proven experience of database management (e.g. troubleshoot database performance issues)
Other skills and experience:
* Good amount of exposure to DevOps tools & practices (Git, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus)
* Experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, DataDog, Qualys)
Does this sound like you? If so don't hesitate to get in touch! Best of luck with your applications.