Platform Engineer / Web Applications Server Support Specialism
Salary: up to £55,000
This company relies on their digital platform to serve hundreds of thousands of quotes a day. They are looking for an experienced engineer to join the Platform Services team, specialising in the support of web based applications hosted in data centres and AWS cloud platforms.
The stack is mainly Linux and Java/Oracle apps hosted in private datacentres and public clouds (AWS). They are using Puppet as a configuration management tool, and have recently started using Docker, 'cloud first' technologies (such as Springboot and NoSQL)
They are looking for a Platform Engineer to support the development and project teams in a DevOps environment, completing standard platform responsibilities such as backups, performance, maintenance and patching. You will be responsible for monitoring performance related issues using real time monitoring software, as well as completing software installations, upgrades and configuring software related products.
What we want from you:
* Proven experience supporting JAVA/J2EE Applications
* Supported open-source software and infrastructure
* Proficient in UNIX shell scripting or similar
* Experience working in a DevOps environment (JIRA/Kanban/Continuous delivery)
What we will offer to you in return:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* 25% discount on insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
* 15% Discount on Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
* Eligibility for Management Bonus (up to 20%)
* Individual Bupa Cover
* Free daily shuttle bus from our Reigate office to Redhill train station
* Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
* A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
* 5, 10 and 15 Year Service Awards
My client are proud to have a working environment that sets employees up for success, on site you can expect coffee machines, a subsidised canteen and quarterly IT drinks to make it all worthwhile. What this company really aim for is a place where people can thrive and ultimately help put their customers first.
If this is for you and you meet the criteria above, I'd love to have a chat & discuss this fantastic role I have to offer.
✉ email@example.com ☎0191 261 3371 or just pop me a message on LinkedIn.