AWS Solution Architect
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a AWS Solution Architect to join a Technology Services team of a market leading insurance company based in Leeds. If you are ambitious, inquisitive, up for challenges and able to think critically you will be a great fit in the company, which is planning to renovate the technologies people use day-to-day to provide a simple and easy experience.
You will join a team of circa 30 architects and designer who are in control of delivering efficient technology solutions to customers. You will provide our customers with the best experience, by developing new technologies which will disrupt the insurance market. You will also work in close contact with the Enterprise Architecture team, Security Architecture, Application Development & Maintenance, Live Services, Digital and the wider business.
What you will be doing
* Plan cloud architecture and scalable solutions.
* Work closely with stakeholders to make sure their thoughts and ideas are taken into consideration.
* Meet the business objectives by obtaining agreements, considering risks and solving any issues that may arise.
* Communicate key design decisions and solutions to stakeholders and relevant interested parties.
* Use your knowledge of AWS to develop solutions and create designs that meet requirements and are up to standards, whilst being cost effective.
* Act as a link between the business, projects and application development.
* Establish the best practices for AWS Cloud development and design technical solutions.
* Professional experience in AWS Cloud Solution Architecture.
* Proven AWS design , implementation and support experience.
* Exposure to network design, big data (e.g. Kinesis, Redshift, Hadoop) and database (NoSQL).
* Experienced in working in a Project delivery team.
* Experience in AWS and Infrastructure Technical Pre-Sales environment.
* AWS certification - Solutions Architecture.
* Experience with scripting languages (Python, Django, Java etc)
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Knowledge of the insurance market beneficial but not necessary.