A Business Intelligence consultancy is looking to expand the team and they are currently recruiting for AWS Engineers. Their ideal candidate will have a "can do" attitude, problem solving skills, will be highly motivated with an analytical mind-set and will be able to think critically.
You will work on a range of projects across different business areas and technologies, involving managers, testers and developers. The role involves data preparation and programming.
What you will be doing
* Design and develop a range of SAS based solutions using the full suite of SAS software - Enterprise Guide, DI Studio, Management Console, Flow Manager, Base SAS and Enterprise Miner.
* Use of Cloud platforms - predominantly AWS
* Data preparation, transformation and presentation using SQL on several different database platforms - Teradata, SPDS, Oracle, DB2, Hadoop
* Design, develop and support our clients preferred BI Technology.
* Gain clients' trust by demonstrating your ability to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
* Deliver clear handover documentation to the client for any item of work.
* Be able to work on your own and as part of a team and communicate with stakeholders.
What you will need
* Excellent SQL / SAS Certification or relevant experience delivering SAS solutions
* AWS or relevant cloud experience
* Any BI Technology (Microstrategy, MS BI, BOBJ, Oracle, Cognos)
* Experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, etc) and knowledge in AWS services (AWS Lambda, AWS Glue, AWS Athena etc.)
* Experience using Python, Java, Ruby, C# and other common scripting languages
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent technical writing and communications skills
Preferable skills but not needed
* Knowledge of physical database design
* Financial services experience preferred
* Project Management methodology - Six Sigma, PRINCE etc.
* Excellent salary (£30k - £45k depending on experience)
* Training and career progression
* Minimal Travel (All clients are located in Edinburgh and across the central belt)
* Possibility of carrying out ongoing skills development and certifications in your chosen specialities