Senior AWS Engineer/Lead AWS Engineer
Skills that we are looking for:
* Good understanding and Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
* (AS REQUESTED not every day) Serve as tier 3 support for, but not limited to, Active Directory core services, Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD, SSO/SAML, Windows Server, SQL Server, Azure, ASP.NET, IIS, etc.
* AWS RDS, Ec2, S3, ELB, VPN, Terraform, CloudWatch, Datadog
* ProofPoint, OpenDNS, Malwarebytes, Redlock, Netscope
* Nutanix, VMware VDI, DaaS
* Sporadic work on problem resolution and tier 3 incidents
* Promote standardization using existing ITIL based processes including Change Management to further the goals of the global department.
* Project delivery
* Assists in the long term roadmap development for the IT Infrastructure department.
* Document architecture and operations guide
* Present project options to senior management
* Developing communications plan
* Transition operational tasks to the operations team
* Create DR plans
* Consider on premise, SaaS, IaaS or a hybrid approach
* Communicate project risk to IT management, PMO and project sponsor
* Retire systems that are being replaced
* Consolidate services when applicable
* Create vendor scorecard
* Provide IT recommendations to solve business problems
* Provide long term upgrade planning to maintain software and hardware at stable supportable
* Document system dependencies for major upgrades.
* Manage technical projects using established project management methodologies.
* Support and promote the use of virtualization environments to reduce physical hardware.
* Provide ongoing monitoring and response for systems using monitoring and alerting tools.
* Ensure supporting services are working appropriately (such as DHCP, DNS, data replication, etc.)
* Ensure ongoing compliance and assist in the renewal process for support, maintenance and licenses.
* Ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability.
* Second and/or third shift work could be required during incident resolution and major changes.
* Help improve stability of environment.
* Raise operational risks to the management team.
* On call responsibilities
* Demonstrate solid understanding of Microsoft clustering and Load Balancing (WNLB and F5's).
* Recommend and implement global architectural upgrades and changes.
* Very customer focused. Presentations and explanation of technologies in various forums will be required.
* Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation of the platform.
* Must be systems and process oriented, and a self-motivated learner.
* Experience with following change management process.
* Experience with enterprise storage technologies.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Expert in AWS platform configuration, maintenance and support.
* Ability to multitask and excellent time management skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft PowerShell
* Experience with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Domain, Cognito authentication services.
* Expertise in SPAM and virus solutions.
* Expertise in performance monitoring and mail flow troubleshooting.
* Expertise with Office 365.
* Expertise with designing, upgrading and administering a global Active Directory environment.
* Experience with AD branch office design.
* Expertise with ADFS, ILM, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions, AD delegation, and PowerShell scripting
* Expertise with AD tools (PowerShell, resource pack, AD administrative tools, PowerGUI, log parser, support tools, pstools, process explorer, account lockout, robocopy, etc.).
* Expertise with SSO solutions.
* Expertise with backing up and restoring AD.
* Expertise with backing up and restoring Exchange.
* Expertise with SaaS email journaling.
* Expertise with SSL certificates (wild card, UCS, etc.)
* Expertise with designing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Lync (IM, web conferencing, content sharing, video conferencing, audio conferencing, enterprise voice, Lync across devices).
* Experience with SOX and SEC regulations.