Senior Java Engineer/Developer- Belgium
We are looking for a Java developer to be working in one of the offices of our internal R&D department. Your future department is responsible for:
* Development of embedded software for driver consoles, validators and board computers in public transport vehicles.
* Implementing AFC and ITCS business logic.
* Integrating with our back office components.
* Interfacing with various hardware systems
In your function you will work on the front-office part of the system and the application is written in Java. You will be thinking along with your colleagues about the technical design and the evolution of the system. Definitely the function is not line work.
* You are a Java developer with extensive experience, passion for technology and willingness to learn new things.
* You are skilled with the latest version of Java
* You have experience working in Linux
* In your work you are able to deliver a clean and high quality
* You are a team player with a problem-solving mindset
* You take ownership of the stories assigned to you
* The "R" in "R&D" doesn't make you being afraid
* You have experience with the Scrum methodology
* Fluent in English is mandatory, additional knowledge of Dutch or French are a big bonus
* You are eligible to work in the EU without the need for sponsorship
* Experience with Security (PKI, Secure SDLC, Key Management) is a great bonus too
What you will get
* Competitive salary
* Company car with fuel card
* Group & health insurance (DKV)
* Meal vouchers
* Additional holidays
This international company is a global producer and provider of smart infrastructure solutions for public transport companies. In addition, it also supplies cloud-based network solutions for smart infrastructure. These solutions contribute to lower energy expenditure and enhance preventative maintenance.